Are you a home party consultant looking for free party game ideas for baby showers. If so, you came to the right place. This place is filled with ideas for nursery rhyme games.
Nursery Rhyme Games #1: Name that Nursery Rhyme
This game is pretty straightforward. Pass out a sheet of paper with the following clues to each guest and give them a certain amount of time to finish. A good guideline would be to allow them 30 seconds for each clue.
So however many clues you have, divide that in half and that is how many minutes you should give them. Either the first person to get them all correct or the person with the most correct answers at the end of the time allotted is the winner.
1. Four and twenty Blackbirds baked in a pie (Sing a Song of Sixpence)
2. She had so many children she didn’t know what to do (There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe)
3. When the bough breaks (Rock-a-Bye Baby)
4. What! Lost your mittens? (3 Little Kittens)
5. All the king’s horse’s and all the king’s men (Humpty Dumpty)
6. The clock struck one (Hickory Dickory Dock)
7. Kissed the girls and made them cry (Georgie Porgie)
8. Eating her curds and whey (Little Miss Muffett)
9. How does your garden grow (Mary Mary Quite Contrary)
10. He put in his thumb and pulled out a plumb (Little Jack Horner)
11. To fetch her poor dog a bone (Old Mother Hubbard)
12. The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker (Rub a Dub Dub)
13. Yes sire, yes sir. Three bags full (Baa Baa, Black Sheep)
14. Wose fleece was white as snow (Mary Had a Little Lamb)
15. The little dog laughed to see such fun (Hey Diddle Diddle)
16. Sugar and spice and everything nice (What are Little Girls Made Of?)
17. Had a wife and couldn’t keep her (Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater)
18. The sheep’s in the meadow, the cow’s in the corn (Little Boy Blue)
19. And he called for his fiddlers three (Old King Cole)
20. To fetch a pail of water (Jack and Jill)
Nursery Rhyme Games #2: Nursery Rhyme Quiz.
This game will test your guests’ knowledge about nursery rhymes. Print out a copy of the following clues and give them a few minutes to answer. The person with the most correct answers wins.
1. What did Peter Piper Pick? (A peck of pickled peppers)
2. Who were the three men in a tub? (the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker)
3. What did Georgie Porgie do to the girls to make them cry? (kissed them)
4. Who did the three blind mice run after? (the farmer’s wife)
5. What is Tuesday’s child full of? (grace)
6. How many blackbirds were baked in a pie? (four and twenty)
7. What did Little Miss Muffet sit on? (her tuffet)
8. What was Little Jack Horner eating in the corner? (Christmas pie)
9. What did Mother Hubbard go to the cupboard for? (to fetch her poor dog a bone)
10. What did Tommy Tucker sing for? (his supper)
11. Whom did Simple Simon meet going to the fair? (a pieman)
12. What kind of flowers grow in Mistress Mary’s garden? (silver bells and cockle shells)
13. What did Tom the Piper’s son steal? (a pig)
14. What was Wee Willie Winkie wearing when he ran through the town? (his nightgown)
15. How much wool did the black sheep have? (three bags full)
16. What was Yankee Doodle riding on when he went to town? (a pony)
17. How old was the pease porridge in the pot? (9 days old)
18. In Hickory Dickory Dock, what time did the mouse run down the clock? (one)
19. What couldn’t Jack Sprat eat? (fat)
20. What was the cat playing when the cow jumped over the moon? (the fiddle)
21. What did the three little kittens lose? (their mittens)
22. What was Humpty Dumpty sitting on before he fell? (a wall)
These nursery rhyme games are sure to be a hit your next baby shower party.
These are just some of the many party plan games out there. And to make it easier for you to have the games and templates you need at your next party, we have fabulous Party Games for Consultants resources available to members of our Shooting Stars club. It’s inexpensive, easy to participate, and can grow your business to unbelievable levels. Info below.